RECENT TALKS & EVENTS:
Ochsner Clinic – Visiting Professor
March 8, 2019
Unconscious Bias – Bringing the subconscious to the conscious
AUR 2019 Annual Meeting. Baltimore, MD
April 9, 2019
50 Shades of the Deep Gray
Georgetown University Neuroscience Grand Rounds
April 25, 2019
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS:
i. Original Papers in Refereed Journals
1. Kim AK, Jensen ME, Dion JE, et al. Unilateral transpedicular percutaneous vertebroplasty: Initial experience. Radiology Mar 2002; 222:737-741.
2. Peckham EL, Giblen G, Kim AK, Sirdofsky MD. Bilateral extraocular muscle metastasis from primary breast cancer. Neurology, Jul 2005; 65:74.
3. Kim AK, Lee EB, Bagley LJ, Loevner LA. Retained surgical sponges after craniotomies: imaging appearances and complications. AJNR Jun-Jul 2009; 30:1270-1272.
3. Kim HY, Jay AK. Schistosomiasis of the Spinal Cord. Case of the Week. AJNR.org website. January 21, 2013.
4. Debenedectis CM, Jay AK, Milburn J, Yee J, and Kagetsu NJ. Microaggression in radiology. JACR in press.
5. Milburn J, Heitkamp D, Jay AK, Sarkany D, Hirsh J. Should Radiology Delay the Start of Fellowships? A Survey of the APDR. Academic Radiology in press.
ii. Reviews or Editorials in Refereed Journals
1. Jay, AK. Book Review. Head and neck cancer recurrence: evidence-based multidisciplinary management. Academic Radiology, Dec 2013; 20(12): 1615-1616.
iii. Books or Chapters in Books (indicate if refereed)
1. Kim AK and Makariou E. Metastatic neuroblastoma to CNS with sutural diastasis. Applied Radiology, Feb 2006; 35:38-40.
2. Moonis G, Kim AK, Bigelow D, and Loevner LA. Temporal bone vascular anatomy, anomalies, and diseases, emphasizing the clinical-radiological problem of pulsatile tinnitus. In: Swartz JD and Loevner LA (eds). Imaging of the temporal bone; 4th ed. New York: Thieme, 2008.
3. Loevner LA, Kim AK, Mikityansky I. PET-CT/MR Imaging in Head and Neck Cancer Including Pitfalls and Physiologic Variations. Editors Torigan A, Alavi A. PET Clinics, Jul 2008; 3:335-353.
4. Kim AK, Moonis G, Loevner LA. CNS: Imaging of the Brain. In: Pretorius ES, Solomon JA. Radiology Secrets, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, 2009.
5. Kelahan L, Choi HI, Jay AK. CNS: Imaging of the Brain. In: Pretorius ES, Solomon JA. Radiology Secrets, 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier, 2016.
vi. Abstracts for Conference papers and posters
1. Kim AK, Jensen M, Kalmas D. Unilateral transpedicular percutaneous vertebroplasty: Initial experience. Scientific oral presentation. Radiologic Society of North America Annual meeting. Chicago, IL, November 27, 2000.
2. Kim AK, Lee EB, Bagley LJ, Loevner LA. Retained surgical sponges after craniotomies: Imaging appearances and complications. Poster presentation. ASNR annual meeting. New Orleans, LA. 2008.
3. Mikityansky I, Kim AK, Loevner LA. Pitfalls and Physiologic Variations of FDG-PET in Treated Head and Neck Cancer. Poster presentation. ASHNR annual meeting. New Orleans, LA, 2009.
4. Boyd DT, Toaff J, Jay AK, and Berkowitz F. Cystic meningiomas have greater peritumoral edema than noncystic meningiomas. Oral presentation. ASNR annual meeting. Boston, MA, 2010.
5. Leever J, Berkowitz F, Jay AK. Spondylodiscitis: A Pictorial Essay of the Distinguishing MRI features of Spinal Infection. Electronic exhibit. ASNR annual meeting. Seattle, WA, April 2011.
6. Patel R, Anayanwu C, Steehler M, Davidson BJ, and Jay AK. Collision Tumor: Concurrent Esthesioneuroblastoma and Oncocytic Papilloma. Oral presentation. ASHNR annual meeting. San Diego, CA, August 2011.
7. Qu James, Zhhuang T, Comstock R, Harter W, Davidson B, Newkirk K, Jay AK, Esposito G, Steadman K, and Deeken J. Improved Outcomes Using Modified Sequential Chemoradiotherapy for Stage IVA/B HPV-Positive Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (H&NSCC). Oral presentation. ASCO-ASTRO annual meeting. Phoenix, AZ, January 2012.
8. Colter K, Jay AK, Kim HY, Sartip K. Imaging of Intracranial Hemorrhage: Beyond Traumatic and Hypertensive Bleeds. Oral presentation. National Medical Association annual meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana. July 29, 2012.
9. Kim HY, Greewal A, Kim HJ, Jay AK. Pulsatile Tinnitus: Association with Sigmoid Sinus Diverticulum and Dehiscence. Oral Presentation. ASHNR annual meeting. Miami, FL. October 2012.
10. Grewal AK, Kim H, Comstock RH, Berkowitz B, Kim HJ, Jay AK. Clinical presentation and imaging findings in patients with pulsatile tinnitus and sigmoid sinus diverticulum/dehiscence. Oral presentation. COSM annual meeting. Orlando, FL. April 2013.
11. Comstock RH, Grewal A, Wycherly B, Jay AK, Berkowitz F, Kim HJ. Surgical resolution of pulsatile tinnitus from sigmoid sinus diverticulum/dehiscence. Poster presentation. COSM annual meeting. Orlando, FL. April 2013.
12. Luis E. Garcia and Ann K. Jay. In limbo: A review of the limbic system imaging anatomy. Electronic exhibit. ASNR annual meeting. San Diego, CA. May 2013.
13. Roocha Patel and Ann K. Jay. Parotid Tumors: the good, the bad, and ugly. Electronic exhibit. ASNR annual meeting. Montreal, Canada. May 2014.
14. Ann K. Jay, Kim Learner, and Laurie Loevner. Sinonasal glomangiopericytoma (hemangiopericytoma): A distinct entity. Electronic exhibit. ASNR annual meeting. Montreal, Canada. May 2014.
15. Nguy P, Hoa M, Jay AK, Kim HJ. Radiologic variation of round window anatomy: Implications for cochlear implantation and inner ear drug delivery. Poster presentation. COSM annual meeting. Boston, MA. April 2015.
16. Heaton, A, Jay AK. Don’t drag tail. Skull base lesions with dural tails other than meningiomas: A pictorial review. Poster presentation. ASHNR annual meeting. Naples, FL. September 2015.
17. Saidha S, Nguy P, Jay AK, Kim HJ, Hoa M. High-resolution computed tomography (CT) imaging of the vestibular aqueduct in Meniere’s disease using Poschl reconstructions. Poster presentation. Triological Society annual meeting. Miami, FL. January 2016.
18. Ann K. Jay et al. Attitudes and perceptions of radiology residents on team-based learning. Poster presentation. Annual MedStar Research Symposium. Columbia, MD. March, 2016
19. Reid J, Berkowitz F, Jay AK. Is 4D CT too sensitive? Oral presentation. ASNR annual meeting. San Diego, CA. May 2017.
20. Choi H, Clark J, Jay AK, Filice RW. Minimizing barriers in learning for on-call radiology residents – end-to-end web-based resident feedback system. Oral presentation. SIIM annual conference. June 2017.
21. Makipour R, Islam A, Thakkar R, Jay AK. Effectiveness of a hospital system intervention for cord compression: Are we casting our net too wide? Educational exhibit. ARRS annual meeting. Scottsdale, AZ. February 2018.
22. Islam A, Makipour R, Thakkar R, Jay AK. Effectiveness of a hospital system intervention for cord compression: Are we casting our net too wide? Oral Presentation. Georgetown Radiology Research Day. May 2018.
23. Thakkar R, Islam A, Makipour R, Jay AK. Effectiveness of a hospital system intervention for cord compression: Are we casting our net too wide? Oral Presentation. ASNR annual meeting. Vancouver, BC. June 2018.
24. Grenier R, DeKlotz TR, and Jay AK. Perineural tumor spread in head and neck cancer: Imaging pearls and pitfalls for the skull base surgeon. Poster presentation. Awarded Poster of Distinction. NASBS annual meeting. Orlando, FL. February 2019.
25. Chu J, DeKlotz TR, and Jay AK. Imaging of the central skull base. What the surgeon needs to know. Oral presentation. NASBS annual meeting. Orlando, FL. February 2019.