Carol Wu, M.D.
Chair of the Big Data Subcommittee of the Society of Thoracic Radiology.
Dr. Wu is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Thoracic Imaging with particular expertise in the interpretation of Chest CT and PET-CT. Her research interests include improving imaging utilization in the evaluation of patients with suspected pulmonary embolism, lung cancer, and esophageal cancer. She is an active member of various radiology organizations and serves as the Chair of the Big Data Subcommittee of the Society of Thoracic Radiology.
TOPICS & EXPERTISE:
- Thoracic Radiology
- Lung Cancer Screening
- Applications of AI in Thoracic Imaging
- California Institute of Technology, BS, 1998, Biology
- UCLA School of Medicine, MD, 2002
- Clinical Internship, Preliminary Medicine, VA West Los Angeles Medical Center, 6/2002-6/2003
- Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, UCLA, 7/2003-6/2007
- Clinical Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Radiology, UCLA, 7/2007-6/2008
RECENT TALKS & EVENTS:
- Thoracic Manifestation of Neurological Diseases–Plenary Session, Society of Neuroradiology XXI Symposium Neuroradiologicum, 3/2018
- Instructional Course – Lung-RADS: A Case-Based Guide, 2018 American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) Annual Meeting, 4/2018
- Pitfalls in Chest CT Interpretation, The Cancer Imaging and Intervention Conference, Houston, TX, 4/2018
- Imaging of Pleural Diseases Post-Graduate Thoracic Imaging Course, American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting, 5/2018
- Approach to Cystic Lung Diseases, RadiologyAsia 2018 27th Annual Meeting of the Singapore Radiological Society, Singapore, 5/2018
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Research in Chest Radiology, RadiologyAsia 2018 27th Annual Meeting of the Singapore Radiological Society, Singapore, 5/2018
- Application of Artificial Intelligence in Chest Radiology, Radiology Society of North America – Chinese Society of Radiology Joint Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, Beijing, China, 11/2018
- From Teaching Points to Action Plans: Powerful ways to end a presentation, Asian Society of Cardiovascular Imaging Speaker Training Program, 11/2018
- Incidental Findings on the Low-Dose CT, 104th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), 11/2018
- Research & Publications