Jennifer Kemp, MD FACR
Vice President at Diversified Radiology
Dr. Kemp is Vice President and Chair of the Operations Committee for Diversified Radiology of Colorado, a private practice radiology group in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Kemp graduated from the University of Kansas Medical School in 1994. She completed her Radiology Residency at the University of New Mexico in 1998, and a body imaging fellowship at the University of Colorado in 1999.
Dr. Kemp is very active in promoting patient-centered radiology. She has served as the Chairman of the Radiology Society of North America (RSNA) Patient-Centered Radiology Steering committee and is currently a member of the American College of Radiology (ACR) Commission on Patient and Family Centered Care on both the outreach and education committees. She was the lead author of an article that appeared in Radiology in 2017 and won the Aunt Minnie Scientific paper of the year in 2017. She is currently a member of the RSNA Public Information Committee. Dr. Kemp has had the honor of speaking at RSNA, ARRS, and RBMA meetings on the topic of patient-centered care for the many consecutive years.
Dr. Kemp is active in the radiology community both locally and nationally. She is currently on the Colorado Cancer Coalition Lung Cancer Task Force. She has lectured locally and nationally on MRI defecography. Dr. Kemp has received the Rose Physician Humanitarian award for her work in colon cancer screening and has been voted as a Top Doc in Denver by her peers on numerous occasions.
TOPICS & EXPERTISE:
- Patient-centered Radiology
RECENT TALKS & EVENTS:
- RSNA Patient-Centered Radiology 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- ARRS Patient-Centered Radiology 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- RBMA Patient-Centered Radiology 2016
- American Society of Colorectal Surgeons Annual meeting MR Defecography 2009
Fellowship – Body Imaging (07/98– 06/99)
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Residency – Diagnostic Radiology – (07/94 – 06/98)
Chief Resident (01/97 – 01/98)
University of New Mexico Hospital
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Medical School (August 1990 – May 1994)
University of Kansas School of Medicine
Kansas City, Kansas
Doctor of Medicine, May 1994
University of Kansas (August 1986 – May 1990)
Bachelor of Arts Psychology
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS:
- Kemp JL, Mahoney MC, Matthews VP, Wintermark M, Yee J, Brown SD. Patient-centered Radiology: Where are we, Where do we want to be, and How do we get there?Radiology 2017 285:2, 601-608
- Kemp JL, Zars C. A Tale of Two Perspectives on Cancer: What I wish I knew before Cancer- Radiologist and Patient Perspectives. JACR 2016; 13, #12PB, 1625-1627.
- NYTimes interview – Radiologists are Reducing the Pain of Uncertainty. 11-24-14. Gina Kolata. https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/health/radiologists-are-reducing-the-pain-of-uncertainty.html
- ACRIN 4701 RESCUE trial Principal Investigator Randomized Evaluation of Patients with stable angina compare utilization of diagnostic examinations. 2012
- Kemp JL, O’Donnell C, Kornbluth C., Sgambati S, Glueck D.
MRI Defecography: Comparison of strain to evacuation images. February 2011.
- Garg K, Kemp JL, Russ PD, Baron AE. Thromboembolic Disease: Variability of Interobserver Agreement Interpretion of CT Venography with CT Pulmonary Angiography AJR 2001; 176: 1043-1047
- Garg, Kemp, et al. Thromboembolic Disease: Comparison of Combined CT Pulmonary Angiography and Venography with Bilateral Leg Sonography in 70 patients. AJR 2000; 175(4):997-1001.
- Kemp J, Sullivan L. Bronchoesophageal Fistula in an 11 month old boy. Pediatric Radiology. 1997:27:811-812.
- Kemp J, Kessler R, Raizada V, Williamson M. MR and CT Appearance of Cardiac Hemangioma. J Computer Assisted Tomography 1996;20(3):482-483.