Dr. Michelle Dorsey is a dedicated public servant, committed to driving excellence and innovation in health care. Initially distinguishing her facility by contributing to the development of the VA’s only Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, she subsequently broke the glass ceiling as the Phoenix VA’s first female Chief of Radiology. During a time of high-profile crisis, Dr. Dorsey transformed a challenged department into a national leader in providing timely and state of the art radiology care. Renowned for her process improvement and change management abilities, Dr. Dorsey was quickly tapped for multiple senior executive positions: Acting Associate and Deputy Directorships at the Phoenix VA, and Acting Associate Director of the VA National Teleradiology Program. This culminated in her selection as the first physician to represent the Department of Veterans Affairs as a White House Leadership Fellow. In her placement at the Office of Management and Budget, she is responsible for programmatic leadership of the Federal Government’s Customer Experience Cross-Agency Priority Goal, for which she won a 2019 Service to the Citizen award. More broadly, Dr. Dorsey monitors global health issues and, as a United Nations Observer, has been a delegate at multiple high-level UN meetings in New York and overseas. A volunteer with RAD-AID International, she develops radiology resources and also teaches in impoverished countries, with a focus on women’s health and breast imaging. Dr. Dorsey is a fellowship trained, board-certified diagnostic radiologist who recently completed an Executive Certificate in Public Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School.
Masters of Public Health, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ. Expected completion in December 2020.
Executive Certificate, Concentration in Public Leadership, October 2017. John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, Executive Education:
- Awarded a certificate of completion for Creating Collaborative Solutions: Innovations in Governance, October 2017.
- Awarded a certificate of completion for Women and Power: Leadership in a New World, May 2017.
- Awarded a certificate of completion for Global Change Agents: Leading with Commitment, Creativity, and Courage, May 2017.
Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellow, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ. One-third of Fellowship completed in Breast Imaging.
Radiology Resident, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
Doctor of Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical School, Madison, WI.
RECENT TALKS & EVENTS:
- “The President’s Management Agenda and Cross-Agency Priority Goals.” CXO Fellows event. Indian Treaty room, White House. 4/23/19.
- “Improving customer experience with Federal Services: Cross-Agency Priority Goal 4.” Performance Leads Meeting. Office of Management and Budget. Washington, DC. 4/12/19.
- “League at the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.” Annual Holiday Luncheon, League of Women Voters of Metropolitan Phoenix. Phoenix, AZ. 12/1/18.
- “Ultrasound-guided breast interventions.” 4th International Multidisciplinary Medical Congress. Tirana, Albania. 11/15/18.
- “Employee satisfaction, engagement, and the All Employee Survey.” VA National Imaging/Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Modernization and Access Summit. Orlando, FL. 9/13/18.