Agnieszka Solberg, MD
Vascular and Interventional Radiologist, Chief of Medicine/Radiology at CHI St. Alexius Health
A graduate of Uniformed Services University military medical school, Dr. Solberg completed training programs in Internal Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Her current positions include Clinical Assistant Professor of Radiology at University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Chief of Medicine/Radiology at CHI St. Alexius Health, and a Vascular and Interventional Radiologist at St. Alexius.
Dr. Solberg is a physician leader, speaker, and social media guru focused on the topics of gender equity, social media, leadership, and advocacy of women. She serves on the Women-in-IR Governing Council and Society of Interventional Radiology Early Career Section Governing Council. Locally, she founded The Dakota Angio Club, an organization with a mission to maintain the highest standard of patient care, providing quality programs for local physicians and allied health care professionals.
Dr. Solberg is a passionate advocate for women, currently focused on women in radiology and other fields with a dearth of women. Her organization, RadiologyChicks, has been a source of inspiration and support for thousands of women; she volunteers as a mentor and sponsor for women physicians in this global organization providing a myriad of resources including leadership forums, mentorship programs, leadership focused book clubs, and women’s networking events at national conferences.
TOPICS & EXPERTISE:
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Leadership topics including: avoiding bias, Identifiable barriers to promotion – tips for women employees, Practical tips for leaders to shatter gender inequity, Glass floor/cage/ceiling – barriers for women, There’s no such thing as work-life balance, SheForShe – women need to do more for each other.
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences – F Edward Hebert SOM
La Salle University
Bachelor of Arts Field Of StudyChemistry/Biochemistry
RECENT TALKS & EVENTS:
- Solberg A and Kattapuram T. Women in Radiology: Social Media and Gender
Podium Presentation – American College of Radiology Annual Scientific Meeting. May 2019.
- Solberg A. Atherectomy, Crossing, Intravascular Imaging, Thrombectomy/Thrombolysis Workshop – Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Scientific Meeting. April 2019.
- Solberg A. Women in Interventional Radiology – Internet Marketing Boot Camp
Podium Presentation – Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Scientific Meeting. April 2019.
- Solberg A and Kattapuram T. AI in Radiology Live TweetChat. Sponsored by Volpara. RSNA 2018.
- Solberg A. Introduction to Interventional Oncology Podium Presentation – Midwest Cancer Registry Convention Meeting. October 2017.
- Dakota Angio Club – organizer of tri-annual meeting in Bismarck, ND
- RadiologyChicks Book Club – approximately quarterly – webinar book club – with T. Kattapuram.
- Guest on The Sound of IR Podcast
“Women in IR – Part 1” October 2018
- Guest on BackTable Podcast “Women in IR” – June 2019
- Social Media Committee Chair at BraveEnough Conference 2019.